Thursday, March 03, 2011

COURTING FLAME

this fire in front of me,

is it my friend or my foe?
the flickering flame dances so beautifully;
it's orange glow is attracting me;
i snuggle up close to it out of curiosity.
not too close though, 'coz the Word said it would burn me.
but did the Word know how tempting this fire can be?
did He know that the warmth of the flame is pleasing to me?
and i have found a way to make this fire grow;
you see, when i push my Light under a bushel,
the night comes on,
and this flame in front of me glows more,
and when i get closer,
it tickles my skin and i giggle,
and my lusting flesh gets hungrier the more the flame wiggles.
how close can i get before it burns me?
but then what is a little burn compared to this ecstasy?
perhaps i should bring my light out from under the bushel
and stop this game once and for all,
but this bright warm and beautiful flame keeps courting me...
somebody please pray with me.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger AUTHORS' FORUM - KAMPALA said...

Wow! I love this piece. Thumbz up for u!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger crys said...

thank u!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home