Friday, November 14, 2008

sorry;- but Obama...!

Oops! On 17th September, I vowed – well, promised that I’d post something here every week. I think I just broke that vow/promise. I’m going to attempt to forge an excuse. And the excuse is;- Obama won! Seriously. It’s two weeks later and Ugandans are still celebrating! Here are some of the victory remarks I’ve been hearing over and over.

  • Banange u guys this poverty of Uganda! Let’s pack our things and go to America. Obama has real won and has not yet been assassinated!
  • Eh! Obama real won! Have they changed the name from whitehouse to blackhouse?
  • Woo! Obama! No more long lines at the American Embassy – let’s go and tell them that it is now our office and we want our visas!
  • My boss has not yet paid me. Let me just go to America and live my African dream.
  • Of course I love Kenyan people! They are my brothers and sisters! Tell those guys my brother is the president and they should give me that visa.
  • - Crys: “Eh, Solomon, money is scarce in Uganda, why don’t you become our president?”
    - Solomon: “Ha, By the way I would have helped you broke Ugandans and contested to be your president but since Obama is now already there, he can handle things for us.”
  • 5 years ago, I won an argument with my friends saying America would never have a black president in the next 100 years.
  • I knew one day America would have a black president, but I didn’t think he would be black, as in African.
  • I still want Hillary. This is supposed to be the age for women! But any way its ok, casta (as long as) Obama won.
  • Is it true that Kenya is now an American state?

So the excuse is I’ve spent these weeks laughing my head off and trying to bring people back to reality; haven’t been able to do much else. If u can buy that.

4 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Anonymous ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

you know if I had to listen to that all day long, I probably wouldn't be able to blog either.
I am not against celebrating at all...it's just long lines at the embassy? Hehe!! The world is in for a bit of disappointment.
Obama can not change many things!!!

otherwise..how are you?!!

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Jaycee said...

I would laugh my head too if I were you...LOL. Many Africans now think they'll have less trouble at the embassy. How is Obama gonna change that? LOLLLL...

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous jny23 said...

Very how guys reacted to Obama's win.

Was driving past kyambogo university gate on the evening of November 4th the day US elections were held and this taxi tout shouts..........Obama awangudde, enkya party, loosely translated as Obama has won, the victory party is on 2mrw.
Remember voting in the US wasnt even over.

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Pea said...

LOLest!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home