Thursday, September 25, 2008

more than him. or her

If I could take away your sorrow
I would cast it to the wind
If I could say it's okay
You would never cry again
If I could wave my hand, I'd take away your fears
You would never have to worry, as long as I am near
BRIDGE I
If I could take my brush,
I would paint a perfect day
If I could muster all my creativity
I would say the perfect phrase


CHORUS
The words that I would say, will only go so far
They're just ordinary words from an ordinary heart
Just an ordinary love from an ordinary guy
But I know someone who's greater,
I know someone who
loves you more than I

If I had my way I would ride through the night
Like a prince in shining armor,
I would love to save the fight
And I would love to be your hero,
who would never ever fall
I would be the one to rescue you,
I would be the one you'd call
BRIDGE II
But there is One who is
much more than I can be
And if you'd put your faith in Him,
you would have security

CHORUS * BRIDGE I * CHORUS

I know someone who loves you more than I
He loves you more than I ( i can wipe your tears when u start to cry, but i know someone)
He loves you more than I (i love u with all my heart, but He,)
He loves you more than I

Sang by Commissioned. They're like my Christian version of Boyz II Men.
Long gone are those childhood days when i thought some man i would one day fall in love with would be everything i need; only God can be it all. i'm not saying don't fall in love; i'm saying don't depend on him or her to fill the gap that only He can fill.

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

strangely enough, I downloaded that song last weekend, in a moment of nostalgia! I have been learning that lesson* (im always learning stuff)
too; somehow when I fall in love,I forget the point of this song.
I am glad you are here, writting more often. It makes the whole being away from you so much better!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home