Sunday, March 04, 2007

You were not the one.
Like a widowed woman who has just lost her loved man,
I ‘reminisce’ about the future we almost had,
wondering why God let us come this far,
if our being together was not His plan.
You could have caught the wind, the way you chased to get me.
I could have held light, the way I tried to hold on to you tightly.
Perhaps we were too hungry to seek God’s blessing,
and rushed to awaken a love that was actually forbidden.
You saw a bit of the jewel in me,
as I polished my sides to be freely seen in my totality.
For a while, we seemed to match. In fact, for a while, we truly did.
But you were not God’s gift to me;
that’s the way it now seems to me.
And I was not God’s gift to you,
or else by now you would know me as well as my best friends do.
Maybe having that close a friendship would confirm what we probably knew;
that I’d never be a part of you.
Everyday I wait for you to sms or call me,
so that we can start a new season.
I ask God that the demon of uncertainty and confusion will leave me,
so that when you ask again, I’ll say yes to you without reason.
But as everyday turns into weeks and months,
I think that a lifetime will far outlive our seasons to come.
We shall find better halves and learn to move on and grow;
It pains to know that with someone else and not me,
you will (still) become whole.
And even if God may try to promise that He has someone better in store,
It still hurts so much, to even think I may have to let you go.
I loved you so, so much, but now you’ll never know.
I hope to God that I am wrong,
though I desire that His will go on.
I pray to God that it is not the end,
that we shall still be in love tomorrow.
Or else I ask that when I get over you, if I am meant to,
God will forgive me for lusting at another woman’s future husband.
I wouldn’t have wasted emotions going round in circles,
if I’d known I’d come back to square one,
where broken hearted, I just have to surrender and wait upon the Lord,
because you my love, were not the one.

12 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Iwaya said...

this must be the calmest, most reflective acceptance of the end of an affair i have read in all blogsphere. i wonder how many miles of silences you traveled to get here. and the heartache. welcome to the other side.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Prettylyf said...

Just simply nice.

Where in KLA are you? I've been to Wandegeya? and all those other towns

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger muzukulu wa Nkali said...

wow....this is magnifico

advice:
his slow
waiting for a sign.
not certain if you'll say yes,and
not sure if you will not.
He doesnt want to loose the
friendship if you say no.
Your both suffering from the
same disease, but his is
worse..coz his the guy.
Take the initiative if you can.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Quillonpaper said...

The other side iwaya? We haven't heard your story. Crys, three words, life is transient! Beautiful prose...let's hope he reads it. But then again, there's that Spannish saying, que cera cera -what will be, will be.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Pea said...

Ai, this is so beautiful that my long-long comments will just spoil things but:

Crys, I feel you, sister!!!! No words, but I've been there. Until very recently, in fact. God bless you for trusting Him, for your attitude through it all. I can't say I was this strong. You are the apple of His eye (Zech 2:8), and He wouldn't allow something if He didn't think you could handle it. Much love, and hang in there!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Savvy Dreamer said...

this was great... you are a talented writer.

and you just have to allow God to work things out for you. Trust Him and things will work out for the best.

Good Luck!!!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Rae said...

dont worry, I will print out and send him a copy...if he is not touched by the great words, then he is not worth the trouble....

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

now you know you are amoung the 3 people in the entire world that can wrap words around this so sweetly...
I'm so all over this post!
and we need to talk!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Pea said...

Crys! I need to email you... please get in touch... Love in Christ.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Pea said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, something beautiful always comes along...then you wander...what exactly is my role in it...you sometimes never get to discover it...or it may be a wrong one. This is a beautiful poem

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crys, he could be the one meant for you, just open your heart and listen, u will be happy together! he still cares and longs for U and he believes u are meant for each other! The Lord grants His people the desires of their hearts, so will He to you! - felix

 

Post a Comment

<< Home