Thursday, November 30, 2006

freaky friday.

that was the movie where lindsay lohan and her mum weren't getting along so an asian lady in an asian restaurant pulled a fortune thingy stunt on them and switched their personalities into each other's bodies. so lindsay is in her mother's body and vice versa. so they get to see each other's worlds and understand each other and get switched back and then live happily ever after. with this brief background, could someone please, please give me a freaky friday? i t doesnt have to be friday actually. it could even be today. i chose freaky friday coz i didnt fancy the face off idea; nicholas cage and travolta had to go thru unwanted, horrible, surgery. of course, the ideal situation would be turning my life into a starring role in the series 'touched by an angel'. come to think of it, i think i'd rather be touched by an angel than go through the freaky friday earthquake.

it's just that sometimes, God has a way of making your personality switch when u least expect, or want it. and then when u want the switch, that's usually the time yo meant grit the pain, or 'swallow' and go thru watever yo going thru coz it will make u better person and only then will u live happily ever after.

i did sciences and am in the arts faculty. 'twas an, eventful ,(for lack of a better word) switch, but now i'm loving it. u know, i'm living happily ever after. at least while i'm still at campus that is.

i never ever wanted to marry a guy who cooks. that was until my family hosted a male friend who cooks. nicely. that was a freaky holiday and i'm switching my primitive preference to fit this 21st century setting. it was actually nice not to have to cook all the time. and some male cooks are actually not egoistic and chauvinist about their cooking!(but dont raise your hopes guys, my pride doesnt let me admit wrong about my preferences. so i'm still in the process of changing my mind. so u still have more to say if u cook).

i actually had a phase of not wanting kids. until my siblings went to boarding school. for those who know me, that phase was really long ago.

just when i was succeeding in this celibacy stunt, halfway thru campus i met someone actually made me change my mind. for good.

i think i could have become a semi-tomboy. too bad gungas did the switch before it even happened.

everyone knows i want 7 kids coz i've grown up in a family of 7 kids and everyone knows my family is the perfect family. u actually wont beleive this but i think i'll seriously cut to five. that's serious coz before, it was '7-kids-but-i'll-compromise-on-5-if-u-blackmail-me-or-sth.' me deciding on 5 kids means either no compromise or;-i cant even mention it. so how did this switch start to happen? the kids came back from boarding school last friday.

speaking of the kids, i need a freeaky friday. before, it was ok because they were young, and not all my big sisters were married. now, they're teenagers and my big sisters are either married or not coming back to Ug. my eldest sis always complained. it's taken a switch from middle kid to eldest in the house for me to finally understand her. so now that i do, can i get switched back? unless there's an angel on the way to do something to my heart and tell me something i just seem to not be getting. there had better be one and, she'd better come soon, coz it's not exactly nice when all u can do is swallow and go on with your life! can i skip to the part where i live happily ever after?

3 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crys,rite?4 an average person,u got a bunch of issues.tht celibacy thing caught my eye-just trying to put me head round how they got u to do a u-turn...pursuasive bustard."how long wz it?"..pliz tell me it wz more than a 'minute' coz if not,i really think u screwed up bigtime n wznt worth it.
4 the record-40 minutes is the recomended duration..lol-silly!!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Pea said...

Um, this was an interesting entry and I came here to comment with psyche but then I read Player4Life's comment and suddenly lost words. It's true, though, sometimes we do need a few things switched here and there to be able to empathize with certain people. Freaky Friday made me suspicious of fortune cookies, delicious though they may be.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

um, I think player for life is assuming somethings,but I came here to say sthg other than that.
has nothing to do with the post either.(post was delightful as they always are...totally you);but I came to tell you that my hair is breaking(aaaaaggggghhhhh!!)on the sides. and I miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home