Thursday, November 02, 2006

i was flipping thru one of my old journals/poem books, when i came accross this thing i call i poem, that so much describes what i am going through this academic year. i am very aware that i am always complaining about my books and all, and people are about to start suggesting i should rename my blog to stressed-out-student or something like that, but then i am also aware that this is my blog and i can call it watever i want wenever i want, and blog about anything i want to and u cant do anything about it. (except get bored and stop commenting but i'd recommend u dont miss out on this blog that way). thus said, i hereby present,

A POEM I WROTE WEN I WAS STRESSED BY SCHOOL IN FIRST YEAR:

today was a lousy day
but for the sake of being jolly;
i'll declare it was a lovely day
and activate my positive thinking.

it was a day full of challenges,
and limits to stretch,
depression to overcome,
and goals to set;

goals to define,
and goals to reach,
better lifestyles to adapt,
and resolutions to meet.

with God by my side,
to be my best friend for always,
(it makes me feel guilty
when i only remember Him on such bad days).

today was a struggle,
for serenity and peace.
i woke up only to haggle,
as you can see.

no today was not the best
fora a tourism student like me;
for this morning we had a surprise test
in lecture TOU 1203!
why didnt i just sleep?!!*!

6 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

bambi, I can almost feel the stress. also evidenced by triple posting.
and delightfully honest poetry.
tell all the stressors that I demand that they leave you alone. or else...

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Iwaya said...

me i'm just gleeful over the new post.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Pea said...

Kati I comment where? You did this one 3 times...

Love the poem. If only your entries weren't so far apart!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Iwaya said...

you can thank me by relieving my agony of waiting by posting something new!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger muzukulu wa Nkali said...

you weren't reading dear.
isn't it the day we stayed up the whole night debating on ......was it politics? no celibacy

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger crys said...

@ muganda; trust me the dreams of celibacy still comes to me now and again. but, trust me, i am changed. in fact, i'm going to be married someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home